Closing an Account in ICICI bank
Make note of the following points when closing an account in ICICI bank.
- Submit a signed application at any ICICI Bank branch along with the unused cheque book and ATM/debit card.
- Please note that if the account is closed in 30 days of account opening, then no charges will be applicable for account closure.
- If the account is closed after 30 days and within 1 year of opening the account, then the charges of Rs 500 will be applicable for the same.
- The balance amount will be sent to your communication address updated in their records through pay order or any outstanding amount in the account should be cleared before placing a request for the closure of the account.
- If your account is inactive, please submit a signed application to the branch where you have the account for its activation before placing the request for the closure of the account. (If the account is inactive or dormant).
Courtesy: ICICI bank