Unable to Add Media in WordPress Post Add/Edit
WordPress has released a new version 3.5, with a completely new Media Manager: “an all-new experience, making it a breeze to upload files and place them into your posts.”, as WordPress describes it.
But if you have already upgraded your WordPress to 3.5 version and facing a problem with the new Media Manager itself then here’s a quick fix for that.
Problem: “Add Media” on Post Add / Edit not working at all. Clicking on it doesn’t do anything and new Media Manager is not opened up. So, basically can’t add media from Post add/edit admin pages.
Solution: Follow following steps to correct the problem
- FTP to your hosting provider
- Open and edit ‘wp-config.php’ file from the root folder of your domain
- Add following statement towards the end of the file but before php code ends i.e. before ?>
define( ‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false );
- Save and close the file
- Clear the cache of your browser
- Visit Add/edit post page again and click on Add Media
- You should see the Add Media box now.