Common Number for all your Train Enquiries *139#
139 has been the most called number in India anytime during any day of the year.
It is the train enquiry number that people can call to inquire about PNR status, train arrival or departure status etc.
They offer this 139 enquiry service in various ways as follows:
- Call 139 from your mobile or land-line numbers and respond to the IVRS.
- Send an SMS to 139 to know any rail info.
- Call *139# from your mobile and reply with option of your choice and follow the instructions. (Note: You will be charged for this service)
- Download 139 Railway enquiry application on your mobile from url www.getjar.com/railyatra.
- Visit www.trainenquiry.com from your computer or mobile browser.
Here’s the list of enquiries that you can look from common 139 service:
- PNR Enquiry
- Train Arrival and Departure
- Accomodation Avalability
- Fare Enquiry
- Ticket Booking
Send SMSs in following formats without quotes:
- PNR ENQUIRY
“PNR <10 Digit PNR Number>”
- TRAIN ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
” AD <Train Number> <Station STD Code>”
- TRAIN TIME TABLE
“TIME <Train Number>”
- TRAIN NUMBER/NAME ENQUIRY
“TN <Train Number/Train Name>”
- SEAT AVAILABILITY
“SEAT <Train Number> <Date of Journey in DDMMYY> <Station From:STD Code> <Station To:STD Code> <Class> <Quota>”
- FARE ENQUIRY
“FARE <Train Number> <Date of Journey in DDMMYY> <Station From:STD Code> <Station To: STD Code> <Class> <Quota>”
- PLATFORM ENQUIRY
“PLATFORM <Train Number> <STD CODE OF STATION>”
- CURRENT LOCATION OF TRAIN
“SPOT <Train Number>”