• Become a Fan!
  • Follow On Twitter
    • Subcribe to Our SMS Channel

    Helpline for CGHS Beneficiaries

    Posted In Health, India - By NitiN Kumar Jain On Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 With 11 Comments

    Pin It

    A good news for all beneficiaries of Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India has launched a new helpline number wherein you can drop your complaints and feedback.

    Tel. 011-66667777
    e-mail- helpline-cghs@nic.in

    Beneficiaries can contact the Helpline by phone or e-mail for

    • any information about CGHS including Medical Reimbursement Claims
    • any Grievance or Complaint

    CGHS Helpline operates on all working days from 9:30 A.M. to 5:30 PM.

    No more hassels & fascism by the authoriteis in the dispensaries.

    We have tried this and the response was very positive. We registered a complaint and we were instantly connected to the respective dispensary CMO to talk to. Indented medicines can now be collected till 1:30PM (dispensary off time) rather than the current time 11:30AM.


    NitiN Kumar Jain

    Nitin works in an IT MNC professionally but blogs and owns NKJ Live. He is also the co-owner of a professional start-up ARGHAM BYTES

    More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook

    • sumeerjukhushu


      I had received plastic cards from Delhi Cantt Dispensary on 24 Aug 2009, but the cards were not correct showing date of birth and name for which I have submitted the correction application with the relevant documents through the said dispensary, but till date the amendment or new cards showing correct date of birth and name of my family members have not been received till date inspite of my repeated reminders to the the concerned staff for early correction. This has put me in a lot of embrassisng situation. Resulting which my mother who is ailing from heart problems cannot avail the facility of CGHS. I request you to kundly look into the matter and reslove as early as possible my ID No 17303

      • A K Dhamija

        After how many years one can apply for the new hearing aid when the patient is already purchased through office.
        The patient already using BET machine.
        Please confirm.
        Dhamija (pensioner)

    • Cvb 00034

      My daughter has joined DNB (General Medicine)1st year (3-years course) in a private hospital in Bangalore in August, 2011 thru counseling after passing the common entrance test conducted by National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi.  She is being given a stipend repeat stipend (NOT SALARY)  of Rs.14,000/- p.m. as a student.  My question is whether she can avail CGHS facility in any of the CGHS clinics in Bangalore.  She is a beneficiary while she was studying MBBS in Hyderabad.
      BV Charles
      E-mail : cvb.00034@gmail.com
      Mobile : 9441496655

      • http://nitinkumarjain.in NitiN Kumar Jain

        If she is a CGHS beneficiary then she can avail the services anywhere in India …

        • Cvb 00034

          Sir, NitiN Jee CGHS helpline mentions that since my daughter is getting a sum of Rs.14,000/- p.m. as a stipend (NOT SALARY) for persuing DNB (MD) Gen Medicine, she is not elibilge CGHS benefits.  My daughter is a CGHS beneficiary since her birth and is covered/included in my CGHS Card.  My request is to you Sir, if can kindly quote the authority under which my daughter can continue to have CGHS benefits further even after she is being paid stipend of Rs.14,000/- p.m. as student. cvb.00034@gmail.com

    • Baddam VC

      Sir, One of the employee’s daughter has been selected as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) drawing a stipend of Rs.20,600/- (Rupees Twenty thousand Six hundred only) per month.  Prior to joining as JRF she is availing the CGHS facilities in her parent’s CGHS Card.  Can she now avail CGHS/LTC facilities ?

      Baddam VC

      • http://nitinkumarjain.in NitiN Kumar Jain

        I don’t think so .. as soon as she starts earning on her own, she does not remain entitled to avail CGHS services on her parent’s employment … Please contact authorities for the confirmation too …

    • nakul kumar

      i refer my mother’s treatment from ram manohar lohiya hospital. and the doctors of R.M.L Hospital already refered my mother to any other C.G.H.S approved hospital . so, i went mith my mom to the Tirath Ram Shah hospital. but they deney for doing the treatment. my mother’s have a stone in stomach, and pain before 8-10 days. please suggest me what can i do for taking credit facility. i m a student and my father is retired from Delhi Police.
      my e-mail i.d is ahlawat.nakul20@gmail.com

      • http://nitinkumarjain.in NitiN Kumar Jain

        Call at the above helpline number asap … no hospital can deny treatment to any patient … you can go to the police too .. but at the moment treatment fro your mother is important … get them to some other hospital .. RML is also a good hospital …

    • Barjinder Singh

      My Father Mr.Sohan Singh is Suffering from Prostate gland General burning .He was taking trement from Dispensary No 7.Mukund Nagar, Pune.His CGHS Card No id. No 70742. He was asked to go to Sasoon hospital for trement because their is no Specilist doctor available in the Dispensary.He Requsted many times to send him to some private Hospital but they refused because they dont have the Authority.He is retired.Now what he can do to get trement can you please Suggest?
      He is retired.Now what he can do to get trement can you please Suggest?

      • http://nitinkumarjain.in NitiN Kumar Jain

        you can look for permission from his office where he used to work … you can also get admitted to cghs recognized hospital in emergency and get free treatment ….