Know your EPF Balance Online
This is definitely the most awaiting service from Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
They already have status service where you can track status of your PF claim, but having this service will definitely going to help anyone and everyone.
Currently this is only available for some EPFO regional offices but soon more and more office will be added and it will really make a difference after having all EPFOs in it.
EPFO also plans to replace PF account number with unique identification number, a move which will help in speedy transfer of subscriber’s funds in case of a job change and allow them to track their common accounts online.
Here’s how you can check your EPF balance:
- Go to link: www.epfindia.com/MembBal.html
- (Direct Link: epfoservices.in/epfo/member_balance/member_balance_office_select.php)
- Select the EPFO office where your account is maintained and furnish your PF Account number.
- Leave the extension field blank, in case your account does not have one.
- You will be asked to enter your name and mobile number. The given mobile number will be recorded along with the PF Account Number.
- On successful submission of above information, the details will be sent through SMS to the given mobile number.
Currently only following EPFO offices have the data available: Bangalore, Delhi North, Delhi South, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Karnal, Laxmi Nagar. In case you get error getting to the above page, try this URL with replacing XXXX with the code of your EPFO office: http://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_balance/member_balance.php?officename=XXXX
For e.g. http://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_balance/member_balance.php?officename=GURGAON for Gurgaon Office
Submit and your details will be sent to your mobile number.
Important: Just ensure that you enter correct Name as per the PF records else data will not be found.
After submitting details, following message is displayed and message received on mobile in couple of minutes later.
Message: EPF Balance in A/C No. GN/GGN/XXXXX/XX is EE Amt: Rs YYYYY, ER Amt: Rs. ZZZZZ as on 30-06-11 (Account Updated upto 31-03-2010)-EPFO
For settled PF account, following message is displayed.
UPDATE 9th Oct 2012
Other EPFO service that are available online.